Gen Z vs. Millennials: 6 ways they’re different
by: Sarah Kneebone
1. They embrace diversity.
2. They're stressed.
3. They are social justice-minded.
4. They're hyper-dependent on technology.
5. Gen Z favour individuality over brands.
6. They're frugal and entrepreneurial.
How can your brand connect with Gen Z?
- Forget the old rule book when it comes to pink and blue: use gender fluidity as an opportunity for NPD in traditional categories.
- Gen Zers are tired of information overload. Don’t be an extra stressor in their day by bombarding them with shallow messages. Create meaningful experiences that cut through the noise.
- Help them rebel from the establishment by adding to their uniqueness, not helping them fit in.
- Hang out where they hang out... and remember, that’s probably not Facebook or any of the mainstream channels.
- Always choose authenticity. Gen Z can see through anything less than this approach.
- Appeal to their entrepreneurial spirit. Embed innovative products into their dynamic, independent lifestyles.
- Leverage influencers; an individual is a much more trusted figure than a faceless brand.
Over to you.
Enquire into booking your in-depth presentation of our research into Gen Z vs Millennials: 6 ways they're different for your business or team via the link below.