If you do not wish to provide personal information to us, then you do not have to do so, however it may affect your use of the Sites or any products and services offered on it.
1. Collection of personal information
a. Personal information: The type of information we collect may include:
- video, media and digital recordings;
- contact details including email address, address and telephone number;
- marital status and anniversary;
- date of birth;
- demographic information such as postcode;
- product reviews;
- preferences and opinions;
- frequency of supermarket purchase information;
- age and gender of your children; and
- any other information requested on the Sites or otherwise requested by us or provided by you.
b. Your use of our Sites: As with most online businesses, we may log information about your access and use of our Sites, including through the use of internet cookies, your communications with our Sites, the type of browser you are using, the type of operating system you are using and the domain name of your Internet service provider.
c. Your opinion and feedback: We may contact you to voluntarily respond to questionnaires, surveys or market research to seek your opinion and feedback. Providing this information is optional to you.
2. Collection and use of personal information
We collect and use the information for purposes including:
- to contact and communicate with you;
- to invite you to participate in market research projects;
- for internal record keeping;
- for market research and business development including website development;
- for marketing including direct marketing;
- to run competitions or offer additional benefits to you; and
- to send you promotional information about third parties that we think may be of interest to you; and
- for data analytics purposes.
3. Disclosure of personal information to third parties
We may disclose personal information, in a non-identifiable form, to:
- courts, tribunals, regulatory authorities and law enforcement officers as required by law, in connection with any actual or prospective legal proceedings, or in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights;
- third parties, including but not limited to agents or sub-contractors, who assist us in providing information, products, services or direct marketing to you. This may include parties located, or that store data, outside of Australia or New Zealand; and
- third parties to collect and process data, including but not limited to market research companies, Google Analytics or other relevant business. This may include parties that store data outside of Australia or New Zealand.
If there is a change of control of our business or a sale or transfer of business assets, we reserve the right to transfer to the extent permissible by law our user databases, together with any personal information and non-personal information contained in those databases. This information may be disclosed to a potential purchaser. We would seek to only disclose information in good faith.
4. Your rights and controlling your personal information
b. Your provision of third party information: If you provide us with third party personal information then you warrant to us that you have the third party’s consent to provide this.
d. Access: You may request details of personal information that we hold about you, in certain circumstances set out in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth). An administrative fee may be payable for the provision of information. We may refuse to provide you with information that we hold about you, in certain circumstances set out in the Privacy Act.
e. Correction: If you believe that any information we hold about you is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading, please contact us by email. We rely in part upon customers advising us when their personal information changes. We will respond to any request within a reasonable time. We will endeavour to promptly correct any information found to be inaccurate, incomplete or out of date.
f. Complaints: If you believe that we have breached the Australian Privacy Principles and wish to make a complaint about that breach, please contact us by email setting out details of the breach. We will promptly investigate your complaint and respond to you in writing setting out the outcome of our investigation, what steps we propose to take to remedy the breach and any other action we will take to deal with your complaint.
g. Unsubscribe: To unsubscribe from our e-mail database, or opt out of communications, please contact us using the details below.
5. Storage and Security: We are committed to ensuring that the information you provide is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information and protect it from misuse, interference, loss and unauthorised access, modification and disclosure.
We may use web beacons on the Sites from time to time. Web beacons, or clear .gifs, are small pieces of code placed on a web page to monitor the visitors’ behaviour and collect data about the visitors viewing a web page. For example, web beacons can be used to count the users who visit a web page or to deliver a cookie to the browser of a visitor viewing that page.
For questions and notices, please contact our Privacy Officer at:
Play MR Pty Ltd /as Shopper Social (ABN 83 163 580 443)
4/111 Old Pittwater Road, Brookvale, NSW 2100
Last update: 18th April 2019