1. The project costings are based on the research design (the methodology, sample size, timings, and deliverables) outlined in the proposal. We will not proceed with our proposal until you are completely satisfied with the design and have provided written authority for us to proceed. After the project starts, should you need to change any design aspects, a re-quotation will be required.
2. The timings and costings outlined in the proposal are based on staff availability and fixed costs at the time of submitting the proposal. Our proposal is valid for 30 days from the date on the cover. Should this proposal be accepted after 30 days, PLAY will review your requirements and may need to submit a revised proposal.
3. The project will be activated by PLAY upon an acceptance signature by the authorised client.
4. Cancellation of a project must be advised by the client in writing accompanied by the authorising signatures and directed to the PLAY Client Service Executive.
5. If written Cancellation or postponement of a project occurs at the request of the client after approval of the project, then the client will be responsible for any costs incurred by PLAY at that time, reflecting all work carried out, expenses incurred and financial commitments made.
6. Force Majeure – we will carry out the project in accordance with the timing quoted in or for the proposal, but we will not be liable for delay or frustration which arises from an act or event substantially beyond PLAY’s reasonable control.
7. For face to face studies we either provide a fixed number of interviewing hours/days or an estimated strike rate with each quote based on information provided, however if this is not achieved due to certain factors such as poor store traffic, quotas, environmental factors which are beyond our control, the strike rate may be revised. If you are uncertain of the strike rate we strongly recommend that we conduct a pilot study to confirm the rate before the main fieldwork commences.
8. It is the responsibility of the client to provide any additional support material, unless PLAY is asked to source these materials. In which case, a quote for services will be provided as part of the proposal.
9. Research projects typically require significant upfront expenditure for establishment. Therefore, for any research projects that have a total cost of $30,000 or above, our standard invoicing terms are 50% of the total expenditure will be invoiced upon signed acceptance of this proposal and the remaining 50% will be invoiced upon delivery of the results.
10. Payment shall be strictly 14 days, unless otherwise agreed by PLAY. All figures in the proposal are in Australian Dollars (AUD) unless otherwise stated.
11. For research projects that have a total cost of less than $30,000 or agreed payment terms of over 60 days, our standard invoicing terms are 100% upon signed acceptance of this proposal.
12. It is the responsibility of PLAY to treat all information as confidential.
13. The timing of the project is contingent on all components being completed within the allocated time. Should any component exceed the original timeframe (as a result of a client delay, or the task becoming more involved than originally proposed), PLAY will charge additional project management fees on a pro-rata basis. We will also be required to revise the deliverable date of the final report.
14. The reports and deliverables included in the costings are outlined in the output section of this proposal. An additional fee will be charged for any reports or presentations required outside those listed.
15. While PLAY makes every endeavour to provide accurate and reliable data, information and recommendations, the nature of the marketplace and the nature of the implementation of any actions arising from the research we undertake makes it impossible for us to guarantee any specific future outcome from the work we perform. Therefore we do not accept liability for any actions which may be taken by the client as a result of consideration of our project outcomes.
16. PLAY's head office is located at 4/111 Old Pittwater Rd, Brookvale NSW 2100 Australia.